Bupa Optical Customer Feedback Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a current or former customer of Bupa Optical Pty Ltd (“Bupa Optical”), and have been requested by Bupa Optical to provide feedback (“Feedback”) on their experience via their mobile phone number during the Competition Period. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and any related body corporate or agencies associated with the Promoter and this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. The promotion commences at 12:00am (AEDT) on 1st November 2019 and ends 11:59pm (AEDT) on at 14th October 2020 (“Competition Period”).
5. To enter this promotion, Eligible Entrants must:
(a) receive an SMS or email from the Promoter;
(b) reply via SMS to the Promoter’s SMS (which will result in an instant automated phone survey, at no further cost) or via the link in the Promoter’s SMS or email
(c) enter their Feedback during the Competition Period.
(d) On completion of their Feedback, each Entrant will be automatically entered into the Prize Draw. Only one entry per Entrant.
6. SMS entry cost will vary depending on the mobile network used. Entrants must obtain the mobile account holder’s consent prior to entry. SMS entry cost will not exceed 55 cents including GST.
7. Entries into the Promotion will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of submission by the Entrant. Any cost associated with participating in the promotion (including, without limitation SMS costs) are the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the service provider used. Only entrants who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions are eligible to win. The entry cost will reflect standard SMS charges on the mobile network used.
8. Any Entrant (who the Promoter automatically enters into the promotion when they provide Feedback) who wishes to not participate in the promotion can email email@example.com and request for their entry to be removed from the relevant draw.
9. The prize draws will be conducted at Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd at Level 3, 24 Albert Road, VIC 3205 at 12.00pm (AEST/AEDT) on below dates. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prize Draw 1: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEDT) 1st of November 2019 to 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 30th of April 2020 will be included in Prize Draw 1 on 21st of May 2020
Prize Draw 2: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEST) 1st May 2020 to 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 14th October 2020
will be included in Prize Draw 2 on 21st of October 2020
10. There are two prizes to be given away. The first valid entry drawn at random from an automatic selection process of all valid entries received during each prize draw period will win a $1,000 VISA gift card.
11. The prize will be awarded within 14 days of the winners being notified. The VISA Gift Card will be posted to the winner by registered mail, at the Promoter’s cost and is valid for 12 months from the date of card issue. The VISA Gift Card is subject to its terms of issue and may not be accepted by all retailers. The Promoter accepts no liability for a defective Gift Card however, if necessary, will provide reasonable assistance to a winners to ensure a replacement Visa Gift Card is provided.
12. The total value of the prize pool is $2,000 Australian dollars. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken in any other form. Unless otherwise stated the prize or portions of prizes are not transferable, cannot be sold and no prizes may be taken as cash. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. Supplier’s terms and conditions apply.
13. The winner of each of the Prize Draw will be notified by telephone within 2 days of the Prize Draw. If a prize winner is located in the ACT, that winner will be notified by mail. Each winner's name will be published on www.bupaoptical.com au within 7 days of the prize draw.
14. If for any reason the winner does not take possession of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
15. Where the prize remains unclaimed, the Promoter will conduct a further draw. This draw will be conducted by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd at Level 10, 380 St Kilda Road, VIC for the first draw on 21st August 2020 at 12.00pm (AEST) and for the second draw on 21st January 2021 12.00pm (AEDT). The winner of any such unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and SMS within 2 days of the draw. If the winner is located in the ACT the winner will be notified by mail. The winner's name will be published on www.bupaoptical.com au within 7 days of the prize draw.
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
17. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any recommendation or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
20. The Promoter makes no express representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of the prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility in regard to the condition and/or fitness of the prize. The winner should look to the manufacturer or supplier for all warranties and claims.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to announce or publish the winner's name and/or photograph for publicity purposes. It is a Term and Condition of entry into this promotion that the winner will consent to the Promoter doing so. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using the winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for research and quality improvement purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. Collection, use and disclosure of information collected in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Information Handling Policy which can be located at https://www.bupaoptical.com.au/customer-service/privacy All entries become the property of the Promoter. Unless otherwise indicated by you, by participating in this promotion you are agreeing to us providing you with information in relation to the services and products of the Bupa Australia Group of companies.
23. The Promoter is Bupa Optical Pty Ltd, ABN 24 126 819 154, 33 Exhibition Street, Level 15, Melbourne, VIC 3000. Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/19/39231